E-Commerce is any business related transactions partially or totally carried out by electronic medium, especially on the internet using an Open system or Closed system.
It is a new form of business that has developed rapidly, and a person can buy or sell anything at any time of the day or night (24/7). Today most of the business transaction is performed online, it has a significant impact on other industries such as banking, but the only concern is privacy.
The increase in Internets traffic has increased the need for security. More companies are emphasizing online business and are loading their internets with all the essential confidential information. Several people transmit their credit/debit cards, and this data has to be protected from hackers and unauthorized persons with harmful intention.
Authentication: Verification of identities of both the client and server.
Privacy: Only authorized parties should be provided access to information. Access must not be provided to unauthorized parties.
Integrity: To verify that the content of the communication is not changed during the transaction. Contact information must not be altered or tampered with.
TCP/IP is responsible for client packaging information by breaking it into small packets and sending it across the network by assigning destination address. When the data are received at the destination, TCP/IP reassembles packets, performs error checking to ensure that no data packet is lost in transit.
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) is a client or server protocol, an application on the webserver that accepts and delivers requests via HTML.
Digital License and Signs
Confidentiality, integrity is all linked by digital certificate technology. It allows web servers and clients to use an advanced cryptographic system to handle identification and encryption in a secure manner. The hash function is used instead of transmitting a client password on a network directly, thus ensuring that the data is not tampered with. SSL was developed by Netscape with Netscape Navigator. This protocol is located between application-level protocols (HTTP) and low-level transport protocol (TCP/IP).
SSL manages all security details using public-key cryptography to encrypt all client/server interactions, identify the server, and maintain confidentiality and integrity. Details of Cards such as credit or debit must be sent safely with an SSL, and a component of the peripheral connection card must be frequently updated to protect the stored information.
All the verification and validations of the clients, traders, and banks are carried out by SET using digital certificates, and it uses PKI to maintain privacy. The most important data is not stored in the server.
A firewall is a combination of hardware and/or software, protects private networks, free from hackers, often stops transporting applications to users, prompting the user to check possible firewall and proxy server limitations and cookies.
1. A trader is totally responsible for the security of the transactions such as virus protection, firewall, etc., of the Internet-connected PC.
2. Maintain multiple back-ups of all the essential and sensitive data.
3. Payments must be encrypted checks or ordering software.
4. Conduct a security check of the parent company’s web server if it requires credit cards to process any transaction, and a detailed reply must be demanded.
5. Run spy-ware removal software to protect data from Spy-Ware viruses that steal and pass on confidential information by remembering passwords keystrokes.
6. Check competitors from stealing important contacts, check fake click-through with the help of Special click verify and disqualify ads with Google.
7. Web server security can be achieved by checking Financial status, business period, uptime guarantee, security protocols to protect from hackers and rejecting services, reliability of backups.
8. For Security to Webpage Contents, ensure data do not break copyright, links do not break security of linked sites, pages don’t mess up search engines, and data is not removed from pages.
9. Coming to legal matters, all the companies are bounded by laws and regulation of the state or country from where it operates. 10. Be cautious of the data that can offend authorities or religious groups, provocative and supportive of outlawed or terrorist groups.
10. Tax must be paid on our income. A worldwide environment of e-commerce has a complicated payment of tax.
Security is a complicated and expensive procedure, but a solo failure can cause substantial loss of resources, status and statistics. Instead of waiting for the calamity to befall, one has to proactively utilize a security system. Ecommerce is in reality, much more secure than real-world commerce.